Read more: http://maiasfotos.blogspot.com/2010/03/customize-style-static-pageshide.html#ixzz1HpEh4xDa The Frou Frou Frog: Giving Thanks all Year Round
Simplicity - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More

about me

copyright

all artwork is copyrighted. Please do not reproduce or post elsewhere. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks all Year Round


Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.

-Dale Evans

I found this quote to be perfect. Lately it has been feeling a lot like Christmas to me but not in the way you may expect. I won't sugar coat it: things have been tough. Not just for my family (with my husband's job loss), but to those around us as well. People aren't buying like they usually do the economists say. We are in a recession (they just figured that out?) None of this is news to many of us. Then again maybe the economists aren't seeign what I'm seeing. Yeah, people are still spending, but amybe not as much for themselves. Maybe they are spending it on gifts more practical such as food to a family in need, or donating brand new items to make soemone's Christmas a bit more pleasant and easier. SO in the spirit of the upcoming season, I have to say that yeah since being on the receiving end of holiday cheer for the past 5 months, it sure feels like Christmas to me.

No comments:

Hit Counter